Linking out makes your site valuable, resource able and scalable. Here I’m discussing the pros and cons of linking out.
A quick sum-up of the pros and cons of linking out:
Linking Out Why not to:
- Keeps link juice internal, i.e., not passing any juice
- Keeps visitors on your site
- Don’t want to help competition (hinder your rankings)
- Anchor text plays a big part in rankings, so you will need to be creative with the link out, i.e., don’t use exact anchor text.
Linking Out Why do it:
- Unnatural not to link out; it looks odd.
- Proven not even to harm rankings
- Good form out outreach and may encourage a link back.
- Add contextual signals to your content i.e., helps search engines figure out what your page is about